Review: Maybelline Jelly Glow Blush
After Revlon Lip butter came to Asia, Maybelline Jelly Glow Blush is another makeup item that I am so excited about! It is the same product as Dream Bouncy blush, just being called differently in Asia. The price here is HKD 55.
Maybelline Jelly Glow Blush is something like a cream blush but not exactly one.. It is quite difficult to describe the texture, it is quite soft and it finishes as powder. But its staying power is pretty nice and I found it water-resistent which powder blush are not. This Jelly Glow Blush is gimmicked as bouncy but I can’t tell it is. I tried to get the product by pushing it with my fingers and the dome stays in, it doesn’t bounce back. And it is not a good way to get the product out. The best way is to swirl on the surface with your fingers, then blend it out on your cheeks.
There are only 4 shades in Asia market and it is not exciting as in Dream Bouncy blush collection. I got two shades in 06 Ripe Apricot and 02 Fresh Pink. The pigmentation is quite sheer but okay, great for a natural glow.
- It is water-resistent. Great for Spring and Summer.
- The staying power is nice.
- If you want a natural glow from within, this is the blush for you.
- Easy to carry around with such a small package.
- It dries so fast once you get the products out so you have to buff it on your cheeks quick. Remember, don’t blend or rub!
- Not enough pigmentation to wear it alone. Need powder blush on top.
- Not enough color selection.
- 02 Fresh Pink: The most natural color of the whole line. Just a pink color.
- 06 Ripe Apricot: A peachy color with a slight of pinky tint. A nice choice for Spring/Summer look.